[30 Minute Transition to / from PHX]
[Steve closes and dismisses]
Based on the book “Honor’s Reward” by John Bevere
HONOR’S REWARD (definition: valuing)
IS GOD REWARDING?
YOU HAVE 2 OPTIONS:
“You can be in the way; or be in it.”
HONOR PRINCIPLE: Those who honor me, I will honor, and those who despise me shall be lightly esteemed – 1 Sam 2:30
REMEMBER: What you take for granted you will eventually lose.
Based on the book “You Win In The Locker Room First” by Jon Gordon and Mike Smith
7 C’s for a healthy culture:
TWO BIG NO’S!:
TRUTH: If you’re not consistent, you’ll lose trust. When you lose trust, you’ll lose your team.
THINGS TO BE CONSISTENT IN:
1. The key is to be WHO you are no matter WHAT your win-loss record is.
2. Your team must see you stick to your PRINCIPLES and PHILOSOPHY through adversity and challenges.
3. The CHARACTER you posses during the DROUGHT is what your team will remember during the HARVEST.
ASK YOURSELF THIS: WHAT DID I WRECK BECAUSE OF MY INCONSISTENCY?
TWO KILLERS OF CONSISTENCY:
THREE B’S OF CONSISTENCY:
1. Be consistent in your desire to be great – measure this by your routine and preparation.
2. Be consistently improving – fear success not failure.
3. Be consistently humble and hungry
* BE CONSISTENT, NOT COMPLACENT. WE ARE HUNTING THE IMPOSSIBLE.
Communication: When there is a VOID in communication, NEGATIVITY will fill it!
2 Main Ways To Communicate:
CONNECT: Team beats talent when talent isn’t a team!
Connect > the key to becoming a great team > results – when a coach and team connect with each other, commitment, chemistry, and performance improve.
**The best teams always enjoy being around each other.
HOW TO CREATE A CONNECTED TEAM:
1. Team Building
2. Team Bonding
When team members connect and build strong relationships, they don’t just work WITH each other, they work FOR each other.
Commitment: It’s not about you! It’s about committing yourself to your team!
3 Ways To Grow In Commitment:
2. Feeling is more powerful than Hearing
3. Serve To Be Great
CARE: Relationships are the foundation upon which winning teams are built.
1. CARING IS A STRATEGY
To work harder means to CARE MORE!
2. HOW TO CREATE A CULTURE OF CARING?
MOVE FROM TRANSACTIONAL TO TRANSFORMATIONAL
When you begin to think about how you can help people be the best they can be rather what they can do for you, it becomes transformational.
Culture: Drives expectations a expectations drive behavior a behavior drives habits a habits create the future
BUILD IT – Establishing it, teaching it, building relationships, building trust
VALUE IT – believing it
LIVE IT – Doing it in every area of your life
FIGHT FOR IT – Having tough conversations
REINFORCE IT – Reinforcing what was discussed in the tough conversations
“You have to continually fight for it”
4 IMPORTANT TRUTHS :
1. Build your culture up and down
2. Everyone creates your culture
3. Sustained culture = Sustained success
4. You have to know what you stand for!
Laurel House assists those whose lives have been victimized by domestic violence. Help place victims in homes on the Domestic Abuse Response Team, provide childcare, volunteer at Laurels’ Loft thrift shop, provide meals, or work around the home. Most opportunities are for women only due to the sensitivity of the ministry.
The Clinic has cared for over 135,000 patients who are uninsured and underserved in the Greater Phoenixville area. They look ahead to the future and the ever-changing healthcare environment to be sure they continue to be a safety-net provider for medical care, treatment, and diagnosis, serving the needs of the most vulnerable individuals and families in the area.